Friday, December 10, 2010

The Groovy Gripper

Have you ever been over to Kiwi Mummy Blogs? There are a huge range of wonderful Kiwi mums blogging away about family, friends, kids, craft, food and everything else in between. I am on their blog roll and was fortunate enough to be able to write a review for the Groovy Gripper.






The amount of times I have had to pick up rusks and fruit chunks walking around a store - I had given up taking them out with us.


Then, this arrived by courier to my doorstep. As I took it out of the box and marvelled at the genius behind such a product, I couldnt wait to get out and try it.

I even went to the grocery store (instead of buying them online) only so I could go out and show it off. (I spend less when I shop online, and trying to time it around Riley's feeds and naps was getting a bit rough)


Popped a rusk in, clipped it to the bottom of his shirt and started to push him round the store in the trolley. He dropped it once, but it did not land on the floor! He even managed to pull it up by the strap and get it himself (clever boy!). To say I was happy is an understatement.


He ate the entire rusk and did not make a noise the entire trip (he likes to squeal and show his excitement that he is at the supermarket.... and he is a grabby boy - if its within reach, its on the floor).


Even started talking to a lovely lady in the store about it and we exchanged numbers for a coffee.


Have not used the spoon or fork attachments yet as we do baby-led-weaning. But as soon as he has more hand-spoon-mouth control, we will be using it for him to have his yoghurt.



Easily rinsed/washed under the tap and there is no chance of the rusk going anywhere!



There is only one thing I am 'not a fan of' (for lack of a better term) and that is that Riley ate the whole rusk.... then I couldn't get the stub out! Had to use a knife to break it up to get it out... but honestly... the pros outweigh the con 10 fold. 100 fold. the con just doesn't matter.



Highly highly highly recommended. 9.8/10!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails