Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Vegemite and Cheese Pinwheels

I like to call these 'Pinwheels' because everytime I hear 'scrolls' I think of those scone scrolls....


So here are my vegemite and cheese pinwheels.



Ingredients:
Puff pastry
Vegemite
Grated cheese


Lay out the puff pastry on a flat surface. (if frozen, wait until thawed) then spread Vegemite (or Marmite) over the pastry, making sure to get close to the edge)


Create a line of grated cheese about 1-2 inches from the edge (this will be the centre of the pinwheels), againmaking sure it is across the whole sheet of pastry, our to the sides.

Sprinkle a little over the rest of the sheet (Helps keep it together better and just tastes great)

Roll as tight as possible. Mark out in 12 (half, third the halves, half the thirds) then cut. This creates 12 pinwheels. I dont put anymore than this on a flat tray as they can puff up and join together.


And how do they fare in this house?

 

Looking pretty good! =


These are great hot or cold. Can store in an airtight container and these keep well for 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. Hey these look super easy... and I think I have all the ingredients too! Might make them for the lunch party we're going to tomorrow :o) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails